SOUL RIDE #InspirationalPoetry

SOUL RIDE

I love moments like this,
When my soul is sated with the fullness of experience,
When I can introspect and view my steps through a magnifying lens,
When I am not plagued by the guilt of inertia...

Through this little journey of mine,
I've met loads of different kin and kind,
One attitude that's paramount in human heart is wickedness,
The knowledge of pros and cons keeps me etched in soberness...

I put no trust in man,
So I don't get corked in a make-belief can,
So I don't get swayed by sweet nothings,
Keeps me away from deceptive inklings...

People take me for a snub,
I simply try to avoid vanity's rub,
If you ain't careful it'll give a total mind scrub,
Just a little attention and it will destabilize you like a mob...

I love to look within,
To see if the real me is tidy and clean,
The outward man is a helpless facade,
Paying undue attention to it puts your destiny on hazard!

My worth ain't determined by the size of my pocket,
This world is simply a stage and a market,
Your character on earth determines your lot in Eternity,
The abode of constancy and inevitable reality!

PoetonicElla™

Comments

  1. I loved the concept, "soul ride." I am still waiting for you to push it to the limit. :) Thank you for allowing me to read your poetry...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts